Saskia Esken (*1961) has been a member of the German Bundestag since 2013.
The computer scientist is a member of the Committee on Internal Affairs and Community as well as of the Committee on the Digital Agenda. Within the SPD Group in the Bundestag, she is deputy speaker on digital policy and rapporteur on data and privacy protection, cybersecurity, digital education and egovernment.
Saskia Esken is also member of the Study Commission "Artificial Intelligence – Social Responsibility and Economic, Social and Ecological Potential".
- Computer scientist, born on 28 August 1961 in Stuttgart; married, three children.
- Member of the German Bundestag since 2013.
- Membership of Bundestag bodies and parliamentary posts
- Full Member
- Committee on Internal Affairs and Community
- Committee on the Digital Agenda.
- Study Commission "Artificial Intelligence – Social Responsibility and Economic, Social and
- Committee on Education, Research and Technology Assessment
- Committee on Legal Affairs
- Member of municipal, county and regional councils; chairwoman of the local and county branches of
Obtained Abitur (higher-education entrance qualification) at Johannes Kepler academic secondary
school in Weil der Stadt in 1980; completed dual training programme as a state-certified computer
scientist in 1990; worked as an IT specialist at IBM and other software companies between 1991 and